As a social business, the main goal of our business is not profit maximization, but rather to do the most amount of good as possible. – Nutmeg’s Spreads Co-Founder, Billy Mzenga
Nutmeg’s Spreads recipe for social-good-success started when newly married Billy and Megan decided to turn Megan’s love of making all-natural, preservative-free, additive-free nut butter into a force for good that would fuel the couple’s quest to help people in Billy’s country of birth, Kenya.
As a social enterprise, Nutmeg’s Spreads business model includes allocating 60% of its annual profits to Freely in Hope, a nonprofit working in Kenya to provide holistic education to survivors of sexual violence – a cause close to Megan’s heart.
- provides high school scholarships to prevent sexual abuse and re-abuse.
- funds university scholarships for young women who are survivors.
- advocates against sexual violence.
- equips survivors and advocates to lead.
- develops leaders by providing advocacy platforms by hosting advocacy events and conferences.
Though Nutmeg’s Spreads is only over a year old, its founders are adamant about doing business differently. Simply put: “We exist to provide financial resources to local nonprofits in Kenya!”, they declare.
Follow Nutmeg’s Spreads online on:
And visit their partner nonprofit Freely in Hope here: